Dental implants are often the best treatment for missing teeth. When a damaged or decayed tooth is removed, both the visible part of the tooth, called the crown, and the root are lost.
A dental implant is placed in the jawbone so that it can fuse with your natural bone and become a strong and sturdy foundation for replacement teeth. Implants can be used to replace an individual tooth or for an implant-supported bridge or denture containing multiple teeth.
Dental implants are the closest you can get to healthy, natural teeth. They will allow you to confidently eat, smile, laugh, talk, play and enjoy all of your regular activities of everyday life without thinking about your teeth.
- Dental Implant – A cylindrical and/or tapered post, usually made of titanium, that serves as a substitute for the tooth root
- Abutment – A connector, placed on, or built into, the top of the dental implant, to connect the implant to the replacement tooth or teeth
- Crown – A replacement tooth, custom made to match your natural teeth
Benefits of Dental Implants
- Next best thing to healthy, natural teeth.
- Built to last-Dental implants are a long-term solution.
- Enjoy life without worrying about your teeth.
- Retain your natural face shape, and smile.
- Protect healthy bone, Keep your teeth in your mouth – not in a cup.
- Speak easy and Eat your favorite foods.
- More predictable than other repair and restoration methods.